23 November 2009

And you thought you had it bad...

Its amazing how when you set your mind on something, you get things done. Period. Today, was one of those days where I'd give myself a big pat on the back...oh so it seems...

I'm already on my wedding leave (if there is such thing like one) and I had accomplished the tasks that I set to do today. Apart from going back to the office in the morning in my shorts and ManUtd jersey (yeah..call me a workaholic) to check my emails, I visited the Banquet place right after for a final evaluation - light testing, projector testing, system testing..etc to ensure my plans for the big night are all in order.

I then proceeded to treat my ugly, limp hair for some colour and treatment.

Then, after a satisfying make-over and when I thought all is going according to plan,...I got to my car and realized that I had a flat tyre!

Stucked in the basement, stuffy as ever, I attempted to change the squashed-to-the-ground tyre on my own. Of course, it lasted only a minute. The spare tyre felt like it was bolted to the car or something & considering the fact that I have my long nails to care for (too much being a ladylike), I decided to hail some nice looking chap for help. And indeed one came to the rescue. A middle-aged man came to help but .. instead of helping me, it turned out that I was the one who had to show him how to do it! But anyhow, it was his kindness that I still had to thank for.

Later, came the security guard. I told the kind man that I had it all covered. So he left (embarrased). Then came another guard. 2 men now assisting. Still the tyre was as stubborn as ever. 20 minutes later my father came to the rescue. When you are in trouble, you can always count on your daddy! True enough, the tyre was replaced after 15minutes.

Thought I've past the test. But when I got into the car.... my petrol indicator light came out....

....



.

No comments: