27 October 2010

7days old Baby Hayden

Today marks the 7th day since our little prince was born. Everyday has been fantastic for us -
we get to see him sleep soundly, see him smile as if little angels are talking to him in his dream, frown when he poo poo, mouth open wide searching frantically for the tip that stores his mother's milk, cry when he's too hungry or just want a cuddle.

Tim adores his son and he would cradle him and comfort him (apparently babies love it when we caress & tap lightly on their back). What tickle me most was that last night Tim had a 'man-to-man' talk with his son on the bed. I didn't really hear what their conversation was, but I heard something about girls and women! And Hayden just continued to
stare at his daddy cluelessly...hmm... (I rolled my eyes at Tim).

We took our little prince for his 1st weekly check up and a blood test was done. The lab doctor pricked the sole of his foot to get some blood out. Baby Hayden cried only for about 20seconds or so during the whole process! Such a brave little kid! (there was this other baby
before him who cried the whole time right till they were out of the clinic!) I smiled as I did that little comparison in my head. Guess it's a mother's nature to want to compare and
feel proud of her child eh? :D

Tim & I continue to have this invisible love bonding for this child. Sometimes I secretly wish our baby remains a baby. Its really nice to cradle him in my arms and caress his angelic face! Being a mother is a wonderful feeling (despite having to wake up during wee hours in the morning to feed the little munchkin). I've learnt to change his diapers, next I will have to learn how to bath him! Seeing how the nanny does it, it really does require a bit of skill I tell ya!

Till my next post...

No comments: