21 October 2010

Baby Hayden

My baby, our prince, our little darling has finally arrived!

20102010 what a date! God has certainly blessed us with this new born child. It was an amazing & unforgettable experience for Tim & I - Tim got to watch the birth of his son right before his eyes, whilst I got the first hand experience of going through labour pain before going under the knife:-

1pm - contraction was getting a little more intense. My doc came to check on my cervix. I was traumatized again as she inserted her fingers (& forcefully try to check the opening of my cervix). I was in total agony as I grabbed the nurse and yelled in pain. I was told that my cervix was still at 1cm and it was not a good sign basing on my contraction intensity and the bloody discharge. I was given 2 options then. To wait for few more hours & see if my cervix is properly dilated or not (for natural birth my cervix will have to be 10cm wide) or to go for the C section... I chose the 1st option.

2pm- the contraction pain got stronger at every 3 minutes. I was in agony. I couldnt sit up or walk to the toilet anymore. It was horrible. The pain was absolutely horrible! The nurses came and my doc was informed of my condition. Looking at the intensity of my contraction and my cervix dilation, it left us with only 1 option...

2.30pm- I was wheeled in to the labour suite... I was scheduled for a C section at 4.30pm. At that moment I wished I could turn the earth (like how superman did) to speed up the time as my contraction was getting unbearable.

4pm - I was taken to the operating theatre. Tim followed in. I was given epidural by a very cheerful & friendly anesthetist Dr Jamsari. My doc held my hand the whole time calming me down whenever the wave of contraction pain floods in. Was the epidural injection painful? Well, to me it was the best feeling ever! The contraction pain was so overwhelming that other pain felt like ant bites to me. As soon as the epidural was injected behind my back, the pain vanished. I became slightly 'high' (like drunk high) and my lower limbs turned jelly. Time to cut me open now!

4.30pm - Tim came into the OT dressed in a surgeon gown with a surgical mask on (I thought he
was one of the surgeon until he came to me and said "hi babyyy!". I smiled.

4.45pm - the sound of a baby crying filled the room... "CONGRATULATIONS!! you got one healthy
little baby boy!" my doc told us. I looked at Tim and he couldn't stop smiling... (he recorded the whole process on our camera).

When they brought the baby to me I was speechless. I kept kissing his face and just wanted to hold him tight next to me. What a beautiful sight! It is certainly the best day of my life.

Tim, our little prince and myself took our 1st family group photo whilst I was being stitched on...what an incredible experience!

Hayden Dominic Ng. You are truly a blessing and our gift from God. Mummy & daddy loves you very very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hv been following ur blog...also a mother of one child...reading ur blog reminds me of my own xperience...natural birth...gosh...d pain is just so painful that I wish someone just knock my head so that I can faint on d spot...when my cervix dilated 9cm, I felt like I'm dying of pain...,every dilation cm by cm, my pain grew stronger n d climax was during d last push...,so I guess u have been spared from that degree of pain...lucky u....enjoy ur coming days with ur newborn...:)

Cindy Wong said...

Hahaha! I told the doctor to knock my head out too! I wish I could just faint and forget about the pain! It was really an amazing experience. I salute you all for going through the natural way!