23 October 2010

Post Surgery

It's time for us to be discharged from the hospital today. Little Hayden is well and is currently at the nursery. I miss him. I truly understand how a mother feels about her child now.

Last night my Hubby came around midnight again to check in on us. We both slept on the hospital bed watching Hayden sleeping and twitching in his little plastic cot. Whenever he open his eyes, we'll go "ohh he is opening his eyes now!". Whenever he yawn we'll go "awww so cute!!!" Whenever he makes his little baby sound we both would giggle. How wonderful this feeling is. The arrival of Hayden is really a blessing for us as a family.

Post Surgery - The Side Effect:-

1. They cut me open at the bikini line. I could stand up and walk on my own the next day itself so it's good! But I can't stand for too long though...

2. No back pain no epidural side effect. Thank God! Dr Jam did a wonderful job!

3. Peeing is possible but as I reach the end of my bladder release, the uterus contracts thus
I could feel the prickly painful sensation at the wound area. It's normal apparently according to my doc.

4. Overall, C section is all right. But if u want to experience labour pain, go ahead. It is
an experience you will never forget. Plus with your Hubby right next to you, seeing you in pain and he can't do anything bout it, makes him cherish you more! :D

Anyhow, seeing a new born child coming out from your body, his cries filling up the room, the softness of his face when you kiss him...it's a whole new joy for me. I thank God everyday for blessing us with this wonderful & beautiful baby boy.

My little darling is awake now. The nurses brought him back to me. Time to breast feed the little munchkin. Till then...

No comments: