21 May 2011

A Mother's Instinct

Day 3 and 4.

I would have declared a personal home holiday as Hayden is free of fever for the past 24 hours! Hooray!! He is lively, smiling, laughing, actively kicking around and continue to make his opera cooing sound which fills the house like in a symphony orchestra.

I have read in babycenter.com (my favourite parenting site) that to always trust our own instinct (i.e. mother's instinct). When you find that there is something wrong with your baby's health, when others do not seem to realize, trust your own judgement. This was what happen on the first day of Hayden's fever episode. I had a nagging feeling about Hayden's health just as I carried him in my arms and snuggled him close to me.

Mother's instinct is such a powerful phenomena and a force to be reckon with. If your child seems to have no illness that can be diagnosed, or it might be written off as colic or just "one-of-those-days-grouchiness", but as a mother, you just know that something is wrong, although others told you otherwise. Most of the time you will find out that you are quite right!

There is also a saying that the most dangerous place to stand is between the mother and her child. A perfectly sane mother could turn into a bizarre and demented individual if they feel her child is being taken away from them. Hmm...quite right don't you think?

Well, for our child, it is all about loving and nurturing their life in a way that only us mothers can. For our child, there is only one mother in their world - and that is us their MUMMY!

To all mothers out there...since we are still in the month of May, a happy belated MOTHER'S DAY shout out to all of you. Mothers will remain as mothers and no one can ever take that title away from us.

Thank you to those whom have prayed for Hayden. I too thank the Lord for blessing this sweet child of mine. My little sweetheart. My darling baby.

No comments: