29 December 2009

War of the Roses


Manchester United vs Leeds United!! FA CUP third round clash.

OMG!! The war of the roses! Old Trafford now awaits the League One leaders in the much talk-about match amongst both club supporters as it is without a doubt, one of the bitterest rivalries in English football.

Leeds haven't won at the Theatre of Dreams since 1981 (that's freaky long right?), but there may be a possibility that they would when they play against my team (the Red Devils team) in this Sunday's FA Cup clash...though of course, I must add, that the possibility would be pretttyyyy slim considering the fact that United (the "real" united = Manchester i mean) has got their defenders trio back, Carrick & Fletcher back at their original position and Rooney & Berbatov at their attacking best (almost).

When Leeds were in the Premier League, they found it hard to beat the Red Devils. Now that they are in League One (2 leagues below), can they create miracles and drill United (again, the "real" united = Manchester, I'm referring to) into devastating embarrassment? Tough luck I'd say!

We shall see this Sunday where I will be watching this match with a bunch of Leeds United Fan Club members in Singapore! I am still contemplating whether I should wear my United (should I mention which "real" united I am referring to again?) jersey. I hope my FIL is still proud of having his DIL (daughter-in-law) as his bitter rival sitting next to him this Sunday...

P/s - Dad, I'd still love you no matter what happens... :D

Anyway, Champions will still be Champions!! WAHAHAHAHA!

1 comment:

StevenChen said...

Definition of arrogant** :- Exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner. Or Making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud.

**Referring to Sir Alex Ferguson



Definition of modest## :-
Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, etc.; free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions.

##Referring to Simon Grayson