07 December 2009

Brunei - Malaysia - Brunei

Have you ever been in a country for 2 hours then out again? Is it really possible? (If you are in JB, of course that is a different story).

Well, today it happened just that. Amazing! We arrived at Brunei International Airport at 3pm (note: we were at KLIA since 7am!! MAS delayed its flight for bloody 6hours!). Despite the dreadfullness of hanging around at the airport doing practically nothing (we entertained ourselves by me sitting in a trolley and Tim pushing me around joyfully with cheerful airport employees laughing at our silly-ness) we arrived at Brunei with my M.I.L waiting for us with open arms. I'm home!!...only for 2 hours, that is.

Not long after when we got home, my F.I.L came back to pick us both up to go to Kuala Lurah, Malaysia about 45mins drive from Bandar Seri Begawan. With our passports stamped once again, we were out of Brunei and back to our home country again!

We spent close to 5 hours shopping for liquors and drinking (plus karaoke-ing) at a nearby shop with 9 other friends of my F.I.L (all hail from Brunei). It was like a mini excursion - with one purpose: LIQUOR! As 1 person can only purchase 2 bottles back to Brunei, with 12 of us in total, we bought 24!! Plus cartons of beers, we all looked like crazy alcoholics! With 12 passports to scan, 24 bottles + dozen of cartons to pack and 12 thirsty wolves to serve, the shopkeeper became an overnight profit-maker.

Its Monday today, 6 more days to go before the crazy wedding party begin (or rather, continue) AGAIN...

No comments: