18 December 2009

The Future...

5 days have passed since my reigning as one Mrs Ng. Few asked me, "how does it feel to be married?" I answered, "Pretty good!" It is good indeed because once you tie the knot, the relationship blossomed to another level where commitment and responsibilities becomes an important factor. The commitment & responsibility are not just for the 2 of us, we now too must show our love and care for both our parents by "making" a new inclusion to the family (like my mummy said, "do it fast, no need to wait already...") Get it?...nevermind. Go get married, & you'll know what I mean!

My FIL and MIL will be celebrating their 30th anniversary in 2 years time and last night, we were already having thoughts of doing it big for the both of them as my FIL planned to renew his marriage vows with my MIL. Sweet, as I thought to myself. After 3 decades, they still love each other like no others. My parents too already reached their 32 years of marriage and looking at the four of them (my in-laws and my parents), for them to stay on together for a few decades and continuing together, inspires me as marriage as sacred as it is, will work, will be rock solid if the 2 of us believe, understand, and support one another, love each other through good times and bad times through rain or snow...(yes, I still wish there's snow).

Having stayed here in Brunei for 11 days, I am begining to get comfortable and contemplating the idea of moving here. With my legal background, I have the option to extend my career as a lawyer in this country and Tim, with my FIL's heartfelt wish, could take over the family's business. However, all these are mere thoughts as Tim still has his own company to run in KL...

Whatever the future holds, we yet to know. However, what I do know is, the next busy schedule for us would be our new house, Andalucia in Pantai. Renovation should begin after CNY and we are absolutely delighted about it!

1 more hour to go before we head back to the airport. Till then, see you all back in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!


Now & Forever


No comments: