23 April 2009

The Love for Japanese Anime

Who would have thought at my age Anime is still an appealing cyber-drama for yours truly here?

It started 5 years ago when I was first introduced to Naruto by someone special. Pretty sceptical at first but after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd episode, I could not contain my excitement in catching the next 4th and 5th episode of the Japanese animated cartoon movie. I was so hooked on that I could not wait for the 9 -5 day to end before I could go home (with that special someone -then) to tune in for the following episodes.

2 years later after I started, things changed. I stopped watching all together. The word "anime" was a taboo and the burning excitement that I used to have was completely put off. Reason? I shall leave the "reason" unanswered for now....

Recently, the sentence of "I am a fan of Naruto!" plastered in one of my friend's Facebook shoutout. It brought back the memory of my love for this particular anime and I googled up "Naruto" without much hesitation. Download was the name of the game.

From then on, till today, I could not get enough of animes and my heart burns with etching desire once again to watch it over and over again. That "reason" I mentioned above, was no longer an impetus fear that needed to be avoided anymore....

Some may think it is pretty childish to be interested in such cartoons, but to me, beyond the "childishness", these Japanese animes leaves an impact in the real world that we live in. How we should never give up in times we fail, the meaning of friendship and what role it plays and how we should walk towards the goal that we set ourselves upon. These type of animes possess a deep fundamental meaning to life in which many of us fail to remind ourselves as we grow older and older as each year passes by...

Uzumaki Naruto from "Naruto-Shippuden"


Shindou Hikaru from "Hikaru No Go"

No comments: