15 April 2009

Farewell...7 Years

28th February 2009...the end of my 7 years tenure as the child of Asia Assistance (AA). I called myself as AA's child as I joined when there were less than 20 staff in a 4500 sq.ft space. Now, AA has its own 5 storey building with 4500 sqf for each floor that caters close to 200 staff force. Talk about growing!

Some may say I was the blue-eye girl but I rather associate myself as the Jane-of-all-thread as from being in the Operation, to the Human Resource, to the Marketing and finally to the Legal, Corporate Affairs, I must say, it was indeed a great working experience for me all these years...

Knowing in and out of how the company works and to be acquainted and mentored by the brainchild of AA (my Chairman & MD that is), I could not asked for more.



Though it has been 2 months now that I have left, but my heart remains with them. I guess after 7 years of being in the medical service industry, though heading the Legal Department, the curiosity of the court processes that constantly lingers in my mind, failed to disperse. Seeing my college peers dressed up in white collored blouse and black skinny skirts with briefcase in one hand, elates my secret burning desire from within. Thus, a letter with the big letter "R" as its heading, neatly folded in a white blank envelope addressed to my MD surfaced. It was time.

As I looked back at all these years, the opportunities that was bestowed upon me by my mentors were undeniably plenty. The benefits, I shall remain discreet in my blog, but the trips were inspiring. Working in AA had gave me the chance to explore not just in Malaysia but the other part of the globe as well. Amongst the country that I had set foot in - Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, France, Spain and Czech Republic, the best unforgetable one was when I met the exceptional & wonderful Mr Claude Giroux in his one of its kind yacht sailing into the South China Sea. Truly remarkable man indeed.

Well, this may not be the end...who knows, as the World is round, anything can happen. Time will tell.
















Leaving some clips of my memory that wows me during my first trip to Paris.



No comments: