02 April 2009

The Mirror

Everyone goes through their ups and downs, like an economy scale. Mine is no different. It was raining tears in 2008 as I was in a nightmarish relationship that you and I could never imagine. After one year of battle between love & egoistic pride, I finally raised my white flag and called it quits. Though it ended with bitterness in my heart, little did i know, that year itself turned out to be the best year of my life.

One fine afternoon, after a good meeting with another lawyer friend of mine, I was walking down the street heading towards the ticketing machine. Like most girls, when you see a mirror, you will always try to sneak a peak at your own reflection (hehe, well most girls lah). And I was one of those girls. As I was walking past a travel agent office with a glassdoor that has a mirrorish reflection bouncing off that pure bronzy glass, I took a quick peek at my reflection. Satisfied. I was about to walk away when I realized, I was not the only one looking at my own relection. Another, was doing the same. The only difference with that person was, he wasn't looking at his own relection, he was on... mine. I turned. My heartbeat raced 120kmh. My feet was locked on the ground as I was greeted with a smile that I somehow knew, would last a life time. And like how it is, the rest is history.... That mirror, was the mirror that connected two souls - mine and my current other half :)

No comments: