30 July 2011

Hayden's First Word

Hayden has finally uttered his first word : "MA!"

At first I wasn't sure. I heard it couple of times last week and it was a little faint. But on Tuesday, 26th July 2011 at about a little over 9am after his bath, the words were clearer and more distinctive from his usual sound of crying.  He was crying away whilst we changed his clothes and he suddenly yelled out "MA!!".

I told my colleagues whom are mothers (and father) themselves about Hayden's word that morning and they told me, YES. HE WAS CALLING YOU. I was thrilled! I wish I could hear it again and I want to reconfirm if indeed he was calling me.

Today, my wish came true. He yelled out "Ma!" again. This time I heard it clearer. I came over, picked him up and he stopped crying immediately. He was really calling me! And he wants me! My heart melted.

I went over to my hubby whom was watching his wrestling video in the room at that time. I said, "your son uttered his first word "Ma" and not "Da". I win! And I gave him an evil laugh....MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

He looked at Hayden and said... "Call Da Da! Quick!" Hayden just stared at him blankly...

p/s: A note for my hubby - Too late Boo... your son calls me first. Ha!


Family portrait.
Pic was taken on 22nd July 2011 on my mummy's birthday!
   

No comments: