24 July 2011

Hayden 9 months old!

Hands blistered with sweats protruding from my forehead. Hubby assisted with his strong arms as we both lifted up the baby cot's wooden base and screwed the bolts back into its place. We have successfully lowered down the cot's base! That is the sign where our baby is growing up and growing up pretty fast!

Hayden is already 9 months old. I am happy with how he is progressing. Not as fast as other babies at his age though - some are already teething, some could stand up or even dancing around with their 2 strong feet. Hayden is doing pretty all right at his own pace. He loves to run around in his walker, moving forward, backwards, side to side and his hands....boy, his hands are really fast in picking things up! He would be snatching my phone, smashing the Ipad as we FaceTime my in-laws over in Brunei/ Australia, banging his toys, slapping my face, pulling my hair....the list goes on. He is a real playful little tiger boy.

What I am really glad is that he does not rely much on his pacifier. Its not good for kids to be addicted with one, and I know for the fact that, if they are addicted with it, it will be tough for them to get rid of it as they grow older. Hence, my teaching on Hayden has been - he will only be given his pacifier during bed/ nap time. I am so glad Hayden is well taught and he does not need it anywhere he go! Not in the car, not whilst we took him shopping. He is such a good boy! (lets hope he stays this way and not turn into a little monster later on)

September is looming near. Does anyone know if parents are allowed to bring in milk powder for their babies to Australia? I am worried that when we fly to Perth for our holiday then, would the immigration confiscate Hayden's milk powder? We will declare the item of course, but would they be lenient to allow us to bring it in especially since we will be there for a week? If only Australia sells the milk powder brand that Hayden is taking...but unfortunately I was told they are not...

We'll see how it goes then.






 

No comments: