10 July 2011

9th JULY 2011 - Freedom Day

The following post is strictly WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

I have no intention of getting myself into trouble by writing about what is going on with my country. My blog is usually about the on goings of my own life and what I have encountered - to cure the curiosity of my ardent readers. And today it is no different.

I am sure most you out there would know what is BERSIH 2.0 (and I am assuming you do as it has already gotten worldwide media coverage). I am personally against rallies. I see those in other neighbouring countries doing so, and I thought, why would anyone want to waste their time walking on the street with banners, protesting against someone or somethings, wearing colored shirts, yelling, causing massive traffic, causing panic, creating chances for the arm forces to fight amongst its people instead of protecting them...

The weeks and days leading to the BERSIH 2.0 rally on 9th July 2011 still made me feel the same. I was against it. I could not be bothered. I just want to get to work and go home. But on 9th July 2011 my feelings took a 360 degrees u-turn.  I finally understood.

When I saw the videos and pictures, tweets and facebook shoutouts on this rally, I understood and could not help but agree with the objectives of BERSIH 2.0. It is all about FREEDOM, FAIRNESS and UNITY for all Malaysians. Who would not want it? The fact that I travel so much to Singapore lately, I cannot help but to compare between these 2 countries. How I hope that one day Malaysia could be like Singapore. Clean, orgainzed and most importantly I feel safe in that country. But I am still a Malaysian and I am proud to be one. I love my country still.

I am amazed with Bersih 2.0 as the voice of the cause has spread throughout the world, with all Malaysians gathered together on 9th July 2011 across the globe from Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, HK, Europe and other continents! I was kinda overwhelmed with the unity shown by all Malaysians wherever they are on this day. Will this day be marked in our history book?

I came across this video, a theme song for Bersih 2.0 and I must say, it is pretty good.







Note: Again, yours truly here emphasized that the above post is strictly without prejudice and it is purely on the writer's feelings as a true Malaysian. On this day, 9th July 2011, she did not participate in any rallies but was sitting at home, spending quality time with her family, unaware of the actual ongoings in down town KL until later on...from reading The Star portal, Facebook and Twitter page.

No comments: