23 August 2010

A Pampering Week

What a weekend! After 7 over months long of not scrubbing, masking and pampering my face, I finally get the green light to go for a nice relaxing facial spa! Coupled with a gentle eye and shoulder massage, I was in 7th heaven! I guess the only uncomfortable part was having to lie down flat on my back for 1.5 hours with the baby twitching and kicking every half hour. I even had to tell the therapist not to be surprise if she can see the sudden moving bumps on my tummy under the sheet - as it can be quite visible especially in my semi nakedness with only a thin white cotton robe covering my top half.

At the end of the treatment, I felt rejuvenated and it was time to leave. However, it got pretty hillarious at that point as I could not get up from the bed! It got my therapist laughing seeing my clownish attempt in trying getting up from the rectangular-stretcher-looking bed and she in the end had to come to my rescue.

So far I've received many remarks about my tummy size in this 7th month plus period:-

"very small"
"nice shape! so sharp looking! it must be a boy!"
" wow! 7 months??? Looks like 5 months to me!"
"everything is small on you...your tummy, your hands, your legs,... only your face is fat" (*you can see my eyes rolling here*)
*so cute! you look really young to be pregnant!" (*ahem! thank you! hehe! I am still in my twentiesss afterall*)

On my last Friday scan, my doc told me that the baby is now weighing 1.3 kg and has already positioned itself downwards. Meaning, the head is heading down and soon wil be moving towards my pelvis! In this period, I would be feeling slightly uneasy as my tummy is getting heavier day by day and occasional breathlessness would kick in (I am currently feeling this way by the way).

Oh did I mention that I can never sit on the floor ever again as I would never be able to get up unless you heave me up from behind?! I ain't drunk for sure but I sure do feel like one when that happens!

Fetal Development in this week

No comments: