02 September 2010

Goodbye Good-Nights....

Counting down the weeks... I can understand now what other used-to-be-pregnant-mommas tried to tell me on the sleep deprivation syndrome. Every night now I only get like 5 - 6 hours of sleep (not forgetting the frequent bladder-release trips I have to make in the middle of the night as well). I just couldn't find the right comfortable side to sleep on:-

a) Sleep straight (facing the ceiling): my tummy automatically flattens down a little which makes the baby doing some frequent kick boxing - trying to find more space I presume...

b) Sleep sideways: my tummy front feels lopsided - too heavy at one side or it feels like I'm sandwiching the baby between my body and the bed...occasional kick boxing practice by the baby too.

Remedy? I picture myself in having a pregnancy pillow... Instead of having one actual pregnancy pillow, I made myself one by hijacking all 4 pillows on the bed (too bad for Tim!) - one for my back, one for my leg, one for my tummy and one for my head =) It works all right, after a bit of squirming, counting sheeps in my head and gentle patting by my hubby to make me fall asleep....eventually....

I am getting a little bit excited about going into labour. Will I miss having the baby inside me once I deliver? ... I wonder.... =)


This is how a pregnancy pillow looks like. Should I invest in one?

No comments: