06 September 2010

False Contraction

Anxiety and panic kicked in last night albeit my constant researching and reading tons of articles on pre-term labour signs and how a contraction would feel like. It started off on Saturday morning where I had stomach cramps and I went on to answer the call of nature. It happened again in the late afternoon, and again I visited the toilet. Last night, I had the worst cramp of all, not just any cramps but cramps that made me wanna vomit and I suffered a mild case of diarrhea! My stomach contracted tightly and I had to lie down, waiting for the motion to pass on.... and thank God it did after 15minutes.

It was a false alarm. But during the time I was in pain, calls were made to my friends, my boss, my mother to ask - "how would you know if you are going into early labour?" I am in my 32 weeks now and I read and was told on the possibility of having preterm labour anytime! The only comforting part whilst I was sweating in discomfort was that my hubby was at my side caressing me and when I asked him, "what if the baby decides to come out early?" and to my relieve, his face lit up and excitedly he said, "good! why not?"

I'll be going over to see my gynae later but I do have a feeling that its only a normal case of abdominal pain and the little munchkin is still not ready to say hello to the world......yet.

No comments: