05 August 2010

Cooking, a New Hobby!

Nothing really interesting going on this week except for the fact that I found my new hobby - Cooking! That's right. For the past 3 days, I've been experimenting food and putting my cooking skills to the test. Of course, like all women do, their boyfriends/ husbands likes and dislikes are put to top priority when comes to cooking. Mine the same. My cooking options evolve around what Tim likes most. Chicken. And Egg.

Cooking Attempt 1:-

Menu: BBQ chicken drumlets with Fu Yong Egg and rice
Outcome: Soggy rice, burnt chicken. The only edible part of the dishes is the Egg! (We ended up eating Mee Goreng (instant noodle) to go with the egg).
Hubby's verdict: "My wife can't cook".

Cooking Attempt 2:- (1 week later after convincing my hubby that the dishes will turn out better than before).

Menu: Spaghetti Hash Brown
Outcome: Perfectly fried golden hash brown with excellently cooked pasta to go along with it.
Hubby's verdict: "Not bad. Hash brown is perfect". (yey!)

Cooking Attempt 3:-

Menu: Fried Rice with chicken, chinese sausage and egg
Outcome: Rice turned out perfect this time (phew!), the entire dish turned out colourful and tasty.
Hubby's verdict: "Try adding more flavours next time". (Don't really know what flavour he meant, but he said something about the flavouring comes in a Maggi packet or something...)

Cooking Attempt 4:-

Menu: Chicken Maryland with French Fries at the side
Outcome: Chicken with bread crumbs toppings fried to crispy perfection, butter garlic gravy turned out delicious, french fries deep fried to perfection.
Hubby's verdict: "Yummm! Nice! Not bad!"

Conclusion: I guess I have to do better in the chinese dishes. I probably score a B+ for my western, a C- for my chinese. I gotta find more recipes! The good news is that my girl friends & I have agreed on having cooking activities every fortnight so that we could learn from each other on how to cook! Awesome idea....I wonder what can they learn from me....

p/s- Sorry no pictures on my dishes. You probably wouldn't want to see it...yet. =)

No comments: