13 July 2010

Weekend Chores

I missed going to work. You must be thinking , "ARE YOU SERIOUS???!" Guess its true. Had it not been my head spinning around when I woke up at 6 this morning with the little baby taking constant free kicks in my tummy at the same time and my legs somehow felt numb from the night-cramps (both legs this time!), I would have been in the office right about this time. I'll just take this day-off (or what we normally term it as MC) to relax and chill at home after a long tiresome-but-fruitful weekend. This is the time where I really wish I could go for a nice Thai massage where I would ask them to go straight to my legs, massage it like the hamburger-way, and pour hot stinging oil on it to burn the cramps away!

Last weekend with my MIL was awesome. We began our day at 9.30am after breakfast by heading straight to the new crib. We were dissappointed as there were few things the contractor has yet to complete. By the current state of it, we are now worried if the contractor would ever be able to finish his job on time and if we would be able to move in on July 24th as scheduled. We gave the contractor an ultimatum and he promised all will be completed by then (fingers' crossed!!).


We then drove to Harvey Norman at Ikano P.C. to arrange the delivery of our new washing machine, dryer and fridge. All to be delivered by 20th of this month. We then walked over to MACY to shop for new beds for the guest room and the maid's room. We found what we liked and with the sales lady throwing in some good discounts for us, the sales of the 2 items were completed in less than an hour!


After lunch, we soldiered on with our to-do-shopping list. We drove out of Ikano and head over to LC Lighting Centre which is situated at Jalan Semangat, PJ. As we have specific taste on the lightings design, we found what we wanted and the sales person Mr Adwin frantically piling up the boxes of lights according to our demand. Yes, we were pretty demanding then...especially when comes to asking for free gifts (we are Chinese afterall) and we managed to squeeze FIVE (5) energy-saving light bulbs from them for FREE! Whoo hoo! 

             Our Philips Lighting. After a long search, I finally found it!


After a good 2 hours of "hanging out" at the lighting store, our next shopping list was on bed linens. We drove back to the Gardens and went straight to Robinsons. They were having pretty good sales right up to 70%!! So we purchased 2 sets of quilts (one for queen and one for king), 2 sets of quilt-cover and sheets (450 thread count each - I just learnt this haha. The higher thread count, the softer it is), 2 sets of single bed-sheets, 2 soft woolly-cotton blankets and 6 pieces of "best buy" towels! By the way, did you know, Robinsons have porter service? I asked our sales lady if they could deliver what we purchased to our hotel in Boulevard (just like in those Hollywood movies) and to my surprise she said yes! This little Bangladeshi man was called up and he packed our newly purchased items into 6 humongous plastic bags and sent it straight to our hotel room at the Boulevard Hotel. So like Beverly Hills!


Time checked: 7.00pm.  A good 10 hours of completing our chores in just one day. Not bad I must say. =)

Till my next post....hopefully our long-awaited crib will be completed on time!

No comments: