22 July 2010

2 more days....to 24th July 2010

Reality is starting to sink in. 2 more days to go and I will have a new place to call home.

My hubby and I are rather fortunate to have both side of our parents assisting us. From overseeing the renovation and moving in of furnitures, to cooking essentials and last minute household repairs. The Bruneians and the Cherasians met up again today at our new home and had a pre-openning moving in party with a basket of durians! It is supposed to be our (my hubby and I) joy of moving-in, but it turned out that our parents are more excited than we are! How cool is that?! Its good to see the four of them together this afternoon again as the last time they had a get-together with a basket of durian was at my parents house discussing about Tim and my wedding and that was in...wait....end of 2008!

There are still alot more to be done to beautify the new place but I guess all these can wait after I deliver. No more mama's little girl from this Saturday onwards. I will be the queen of the house!

Note: "Queen" is an overstatement. I think I'll be more of a domestic slave ... cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing... thank goodness I only need to do all these for 3 months before our maid arrives! 


Did I mention we applied for Astro? Can you believe that Astro's installation can only be done in 4 - 5 weeks time from the day we applied for it??! How ridiculous! But that was what I was told by the customer service rep over the phone yesterday. We've heard so many complaints about them, especially on the Astro Byond's installation recently, I hope I won't suffer the same fate! If I do, I'll make sure everyone hears of it!

Lets see how everything goes. I hope Astro would give me a pleasant experience as a NEW subscriber...

P/S - Happy birthday to my mummy! Remembered it this morning, forgotten it this afternoon, remembered it again this evening. Sorry mummy! But I'm glad to be the first to sing you early this morning! =D

No comments: