03 July 2010

Pregnancy Cramps - Horrible!

2 days ago I experienced my first terrible leg cramp in the wee hours of the morning...halfway through my wonderful sleep... That pain was excruciating! It started out by giving you a warning, it will jerk you up, then as the pain grew you'd start to do everything you can to make it go away..hysterically! I tried to straightened up my left leg (no it got worse), then push down my feet (it got even worse), pull it up (it got terribly horribly excruciatingly painful), pulling it (like how footballers do it when they have cramps) but it just didnt work! I screamed in darkness holding up my calf wishing it to be cut off! In the middle of my scream, I yanked my husband but all I could hear was...his snoring.

Just like an economic scale, once the pain reached its peak, it sored down to rest. I relaxed. But I could not sleep anymore. It was 6am then and 10 more minutes for me to wake up  to get ready for work. The pain was so great that I had a hard time walking as I could still feel the soreness on my left calf. It didnt go off only until after breakfast (which was like 3 hours later)!

I heard about pregnancy cramps and such, and this type of cramps would be one that I do not wish to encounter again. Last night, it almost occured again. The warning came. But thankfully this time, I had a pillow stuffed under my legs as I sleep, so I managed to avoid the full cramp pain from happening again.

(Thanks Mary for giving me this tip! It really helps!) :D

Gosh...will the cramp happen again tonight? I really dont want it to!! Do I have to go through this for the next 4 months? =(

No comments: