29 July 2010

New Home + Hospitalization

Thursday. 6 days of staying in my new home...how does it feel? Oh btw, I'm actually blogging in my old Cheras house as my Pantai home has no internet facility yet (let alone a phone line!).

Staying with Tim for the past 1 week has been superb. Despite the fact that I became an overnight perfectionist in wanting everything to be nice, proper and clean in this new house! I'd clean the kitchen whenever I'm back from work, washing the napkins and towels a zillion times, washing and drying our clothes every alternate days, cleaning the floor whenever I see a strand of hair on it, cleaning and wiping the tv console and coffee table everytime I lay my eyes in that living room direction. I just wouldn't sit still until my hubby had to come over and asked me to relax! No one would believe Cindy Wong would do such drastic housework with her bare hands! But believe it... I do now. Maybe because this time, as it is my own home, my brain has implanted this domestic cleaning-freak syndrome within me.

Oh apart from this moving-in news, some of you probably know by now that my beloved brother was hospitalized (3 days after I've moved out of the house!). Bad omen? Nah. I'd call it too-much-coca-cola-and-junk-food factor that caused him to land right into the hospital! On Sunday, when we returned from our family outting in Genting, my brother claimed to have a sudden "cramp" pain at his right abdomen. He thought was just the usual once-in-a-while stomach cramps so he brushed it off. Monday came, and I received a call from my mother to inform me that my brother was hospitalized due to appendicitis!

It was pretty dramatic then as for few hours in HUKM, no one really came to treat my brother despite him being in terrible pain. As I am in the medical assistance industry, my dad called me and asked me for help. Any help. As he was in the government hospital there wasn't much that I could do. My sis-in-law then asked if its possible to transfer him to a private hospital (Gleneagles). However, to transfer him to a private hospital, there must be a doctor at that private hospital who is willing to accept him. I made a quick call to my VP, my company nurse and finally to my company medical director to rope them in for help on my brother's situation and in just less than 5 minutes, my medical director managed to arrange a surgeon and a private ambulance for my brother. What a relief! It certainly helped knowing the right people!

You must be wondering why getting a private ambulance for the transfer when my brother was actually already in the hospital right? Can you believe that HUKM informed my family that they do not have any ambulance facility to transfer my brother out of the hospital??!! To do so, we have to arrange our own ambulance!! So terrible I tell ya! Anyway, that's government hospital for you. Within 15minutes, the paramedics contacted my mobile and I directed them to where my brother was. Thank God my brother was immediately transferred to Gleneagles and a surgery was scheduled the very next morning.

The surgery was successful last Tuesday and my brother was discharged this afternoon. Good news for him: He gets to loose weight this time round! ^_^




Thank you to all who wished him a speedy recovery. He'll recover real soon (I'm sure!).

No comments: