25 October 2009

Wedding Folklores

9.57am. In a couple of hours time I will be heading to Malacca, the historical city of Malaysia to attend my colleague's wedding at Mahkota Hotel. This marks as the first wedding amongst 10 others whom are scheduled in my November / December calendar. (I really wonder why many couples choose to hold their weddings end of the year? I ask myself that same question too .... I guess its easier to plan for a wedding when it is end of the year?)

How many traditional Chinese folklores have you heard of? Well, there is one with regards to weddings. It is believed that the bride-to-be / groom should not attend other couple's wedding that are held within the same month as hers/ his. Some believe, for relatives or siblings - it has to be 4 months apart...instead of the usual one. What's the consequences? It will affect either couple's happiness in the future...or so it seems...

To believe or not to believe? Hmmm.... Honestly, I dont know....

I am definitely disappointed as I have 5 close friends (and cousin)'s wedding that I have to miss....and vice versa.
.

No comments: