13 March 2010

Chicken and Duck Talking

Have you ever talked to someone for 2 whole hours, almost in a heated debate, trying to make the other understand what you were trying to convey? After a whole 2 hours you finally gave up as you realized you were involved in a chicken and duck kinda conversation?

One, I dont speak much mandarin, maybe my cantonese is still ok (though some words i still get abit out of tune) but my English is my forte no doubt. The other party, obviously his mandarin is his best, but perhaps he was trying to show how professional he is, tried to speak to me in English (broken) the whole time despite me trying to cut him some slack by conversing in cantonese just to help him out...but he still conversed in English. I guess I have to give him some credit for trying though...

Me: No... that is not what I meant...

Him: But you have to tell me your budget. Honestly speak, no budget cannot done.

Me: Ok very simple. Just quote reasonable price. 

Him: Honestly speak, we are simple people. We try helpful people.
 If we cannot done, means we tell you, cannot done.

Me: Ok. Fifty Thousand budget. Can?

Him: No. Fifty Thousand cannot do. Must tell what you want.

Me: But you ask me for my budget, I give you my budget la. 50K. No?

Him: No. Must tell me what budget you want.

Me: (scratching my head)...Ok lah. I think i know what you mean.
 I will go home and consider ok? Thank you ah....


Oh well, he is still a nice guy...maybe I was the one that confused him and not the other way round...I wonder would sign language help?...

2 comments:

StevenChen said...

I'm trying to imagine the situation very hard.

Okay...okay...finally, got it!

Cindy Wong said...

Haha!