06 March 2010

American Idol Season 9 - Top 20 (Week 2)

Another week another elimination (4 eliminations to be exact).

American Idol Top 20 this week showcased 10 boyz and 10 girls belt their hearts out in front of millions of viewers. Just like my previous post, you probably would realize by now, every week I would be posting about the Idol contestants, featuring one contestant whom is/was the best for the week - best for me that is!

This week's elimination round, we saw the following 4 contestants got booted out from the Idol camp:-

Michelle Delamor (no big surprise here from the way she sang this week);

Haeley Vaughn (someone who tried to look sweet week after week - guess she tried TOO hard);

Jermaine Sellers (surprise surprise. During the audition round, he was considered a good contender for the Idol crown! But lately, he seems like a nobody. Can't really remember him or his performance);

John Park (besides his body, nothing else is good, so not really a surprise that he is out!)

Siobhan Magnus

Ok...ok ... these 4 contestants are not whom I want to feature in my post here. This week's Idol highlight for me is SIOBHAN MAGNUS. I do agree with the judges' comment on Siobhan and at the same time I dont quite agree about some parts of it. Let me tell you why:-

I agree: when Simon commented that she is "a funny little thing" and interesting.
Something about Siobhan makes me want to know more about her. She seems like a simple, unique & cool kinda girl. But weird in a way. However, when she openned her mouth to sing Aretha's song "THINK" and when she hit the crazy high note, I was like...OMG!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

I disagree: the judges didnt think Siobhan was the best performer for the night, I strongly and totally disagree with them. Siobhan was the best and I hope she can pull-off another amazing performance next week!

Its going to be Top 16 next week. Who can pull it off? Who will collapse through the mounting pressure? We shall wait and see...

For more information, log on to http://www.americanidol.com/

No comments: