26 September 2009

Tribute to the King

Yeah I know...I know...its already been more than 2 months since the King of Pop breathed his last (imagining him waving his diamond studded glove as he wave goodbye and murmur his "I love You" to us fans...sob! sob!).

Why am I featuring MJ in my blog today is because only last night Tim and I went karaoke on our own (to compensate all those long working hours throughout the week for some good quality time together)... I was crooning away practicing some "new" songs (apart from those I usually pick) whilst Tim, as usual, was busy preparing his meeting agendas and some work planning for next week in the dark dim room (talk about being a workaholic!) After a good 3 hours of singing, we decided to sit back and relax, hence we selected some MJ's MTV videos... From happy crazy laughing mood, our mood instantly descended to a somber emotion as Tim wrapped his arm around me whilst I laid my head on his chest, listening and watching ...if only MJ made it for his 'This is It' tour...

I remembered meeting MJ in 1996 at Concorde Hotel when he came to KL for his History World Tour concert performance. I was so sad then as that year was when I had to sit for my PMR examination, thus I was not allowed to go for his concert! But luck was on my side, I got to meet him up-close at the hotel as my dad's Lions Club had a function then on that day. Therefore, we were given special priviledge to enter the premise of where MJ was residing! Lucky me :D

Life is short. So precious. So with a purpose. Michael Jackson, you are truly a legend and there will never be another King of Pop (not even if Kanye West declares himself as one). You will be loved by many and remembered for decades or even in the next century. We miss you! Always will... R.I.P...

P/s - MJ passed away on 25th June 2009 (my father's birthday)...

His younger days when he was still "black"


Then...to "white"


MJ's famous pose


MJ defying gravity in his electrifying dance moves


No comments: