21 September 2009

Crazy Derby Match!

20th September 2009 - The most exciting derby match awaited all of us football fanatics! I for one, as all my mates know, a crazy fan of MANCHESTER UNITED! (Yeah ... stop rolling your eyes will ya?)

Last night, my Pa, Tim and myself were glued to our plasma tv, without moving much of our limbs as we watched intriguingly at how Man Utd outclassed Man City. If it was not for the silly careless errors made by the United defenders (R.Ferdinand specifically) and the wanted-to-be-number-one goal-keeper Ben Foster, United would have won the match EASILY. But that's what made this thrilling derby match all about isn't it?

Papa and I were rooting for our dear United to win whilst Tim on the other hand wanted (so badly) for City to thrash United (so much for being my fiance whom, deliberately, always on my opposing side at whatever I favour)! But of course luck and class were on our side (haha!) and United won 4-3 in this classic derby encounter! Of all people whom scored the winning goal, it was Michael Owen at the very VERY last second before the final whistle...

P/s - If you don't know who Michael Owen is - he used to play for Liverpool (United's archenemy)...so, for him to score the winning goal FOR United is extraordinarily ironic..

Here is the final goal that sealed the win for the Red Devils... :D



Sorry for the non-english commentary... can't locate one that is in English yet :P

No comments: