30 October 2011

Belem, Lisbon

Final day in Lisbon.

Couple of hours after I've written my last blog yesterday, the painkiller took effect and I felt a lot better. As I was alone, I decided to make a trip down town  in this beautiful city. I was excited and my adrenalin ran wild as I have no idea where I was heading to, except for the one ticket that I purchased from the hotel concierge - City Tour.

Going round the city was breathtaking. It was nice as I was alone and I get to embark on the tour with no expectation (except for the fact that the pain might just come back anytime!). It felt like living the last day as I rushed on to do everything before the pain strikes again. At one point, when I saw this beautiful stone carved monument of Prince Henry (The Discoveries Monument), I decided to hop off the bus. I didnt know where I was until I saw the word "Belem". C'est magnifique! Absolutely magnificent! I walked around the monument and around the seaport. Finally I reached the Belem Tower. Euro5 per entrance. Absolutely worth it! Pretty nice dungeon like in the inside.


The Discoveries Monument



Belem Tower
 After a good 4 hours city-touring on my own, I knew it was time to head back to the hotel. I walked up the hill slowly and steadily. As soon as I reached the hotel, the pain came...again...

Oh well, at least I did myself justice. I had a good time yesterday and today, it is start of winter. Its time to readjust the watch as the hour has been pushed back. Before bidding goodbye to this wonderful city later this evening, I think I can squeeze in some shopping time no?

No comments: