23 November 2010

Gold Digging?

It triggered me suddenly to write this post after I've read my friend's shoutout post on his facebook. We both encountered the same dilemma with our child especially when we find our babies wheezing with his her nose filled with mucus!!

I for one couldn't stand the sight of the slimy irritating thing that lingers in the hole of my baby's nose. I had to dig it out, I must! I have to! Especially with the wheezing sound coming from my baby's breathing, it triggered my instinct to just do anything to make him breathe better. So bring on the cotton bud & torch light!

I have no idea how to make the mucus get out of the hole. I was told there is some kind of a nasal sucker which you can buy from baby stores. Some even told me, save the money & just suck the mucus out with your mouth! Ewww??!!

What's the right method?

The dr said leave it till it comes out on it's on. I'd say dig it out if it's just outside the surface and do not do the 'treasure-hunting' style! It will only hurt your baby even more!

So to all mommas pappas outthere, what is your suggestion?

No comments: