20 March 2011

My Twinkle Little Hayden at 5 Months Old!

Hayden is 5 months old today. How time really flies! Before you know it, we will all be old hags whilst our child (+ren) grow up and taking over our place as the "kids" in our parents' eyes. I thank God for blessing us with Hayden and like a broken record, I am going to say it again: I absolutely love being a mother!

Hayden, at 5 months now, is such a doll! He is able to respond to us whenever we call his name. He smiles alot when we talk to him (he probably thinks we look funny when our mouth move). He squeeks, coo and laugh when we make funny noises too!

At this point, I am waiting to see when he would be able to roll over. He already started to twist his body sideway at 4 months but thats it. His neck muscles are visbly stronger too when he tried to lift his head up when he wakes up!

His sleeping pattern? Well, when he was younger (3 months back that is), he established a sleeping pattern where he would wake up twice in the middle of the night. Once at 2am. Another at 5am. I am quite used to get up and feed him despite being in a sleepy state. The books I read and other experience mothers told me: "When he gets older, he would not wake up middle of the night anymore..." "He would sleep longer if you turn off the light so he knows its night time..." "Let him cry till he falls asleep again..." "Let him drink more than the usual amount before his bedtime". So guess what? I've tried every method and right now at 5 months he is still the SAME. His sleeping pattern did not change. His last feed would be at 7.45pm before bedtime. I know some of you probably would advise me to feed him last around 10pm so he would sleep longer. I've tried that method too. Doesn't work. He has subconciously set his own alarm clock ...

Little baby Hayden is a joy to my life. I love him to bits! Hubby and I would definitely want a second child in later year(s). Be it Hayden's lil' brother or lil'sister, doesnt matter. So long he/ she is healthy. Agree? But of course I am openly hoping that my second child would be a girl!

Like they say, picture paints a thousand words. But video paints a billion. So here's a treat for you - a video of Hayden today.











  

No comments: