24 May 2010

Hello Perth!

Felt so surreal! Just barely 2 weeks of planning a holiday in Perth, here I am right here in Perth itself!

Tim and I parted yesterday at the same time (he headed to Gate C4 that marked "London", whilst I to Gate 27 that marked "Perth"). I had a great time travelling in MH125! The boeing 777 was pretty empty, thus I had the whole seat to myself. =)

After 5 hours of flying time, I finally arrived in Perth. After collecting my luggage, I was directed to the green lane (phew! I didnt have to open up my luggage for inspection! Not that I have anything illegal in it *wink* and besides, a cute little custom dog did come and sniff my luggage). Outside, I was greeted warmly by my MIL and SIL. After stepping out of the airport, my first sentence in Perth was "WOW!! I LOVEE THIS WEATHER!!" At 18 degrees celcius, it was fabulous!

My SIL drove us home in her Honda Jazz and along the way, my MIL became my tour guide, explaining bits and pieces about Perth and the names of some of the buildings. The best view throughout the journey was of course the Swan River. Halfway through our journey, we stopped at the jetty of BayView Terrace for some quick cam-whoring moments. It was pretty windy then, my MIL was almost shivering in cold, whilst I (without wearing any thick jacket) acted like a jakun, enjoying the cold air like I've never experience before...(typical Malaysian)...

The sky turned dark at about 5pm and we had our dinner at an Italian restaurant called Tiamo at Hampden Rd, Nedlands. Savouring the delicious lamb ravioli, pastas and cheese cakes, it was the perfect way to end my first day in Perth.


                                     Swan River

                     Tiamo Cafe' Restaurant, Hamden Rd, Nedlands, Perth
                     (I like the setting! Its nice & cozy)

1 comment:

StevenChen said...

Cheese cake huh..! Anyway, have fun..