27 May 2010

Eve of Turning a Year 'Younger'

Its 18:11 now and in another 6 hours time, yours truly will be turning a year younger. Its great to be able to celebrate my birthday in another country especially when the weather is between 7 to 18 degrees celcius!

As Im typing here, with a cup of hot green tea next to me, I'm having a slight backache. Must be due to too much walking and too much shopping I suppose haha!

We have been doing alot of walking, window shopping, eating, eating and lots of eating. Today, on the eve of my birthday, my MIL and I travelled to Fremantle to savour the great delicacies from the sea. We had a really awesome lunch at Cicerello's by the harbour front. Despite the occasional showers, we dined in and after lunch we took a drive to Market Street for some window shopping.

At Market Street there is this cafe called Chocolate San Churro - a Spanish inspired cafe (I think... from the setting, posters and the name itself) where they sell long twisting potato breadstick (they call it "Churros") and you eat it by dipping it in either dark chocolate/ white chocolate sauce. Its soooo delicious!! It actually taste like our local yaw char kueh, only that its skinnier and less oily. If only they open a franchise outlet in KL!

Before heading home, we stopped by at Coles (something like our Cold Storage) for some grocerry shopping. Did I tell you my MIL is an awesome cook? We had a great time travelling around with the aid of our Garmin GPS. Another girl's day-out tomorrow again and this time we will be heading to Northbridge!

Till then... gonna wait for my hubby to call me from Newcastle. Lets see if he remembers what day is tomorrow. If he doesn't.... he's gonna get some real spanking from me when he gets back!

Below are some pictures for your viewing pleasure =)

Harbour view

Night view (picture courtesy from google images)

We had this little pager thing given to us whilst we wait for our order to be ready. When the food is ready, the pager will vibrate and lights will flash around it - this is a sign where they tell you to go and collect your food at the counter! How fascinating!


Churros with chocolate dipping sauce
(picture courtesy from google images)

p/s- I didnt bring my camera cable, hence I had to rely on the pictures that are available on the net for the time being until I can replace it with my own when I return home!

No comments: