24 January 2010

My Dearest Sue

Finally! By now the wedding ceremonies for year of the Ox (2009) have come to an end (for those that I know that is). Congratulations darlingz and really sorry to those that I could not attend! Its sad that I could not attend theirs and them mine and its all because of the chinese-wedding-customs. As mentioned in one of my previous post, brides who got married cannot attend weddings held within the same month. Some believed 3 months. Some 4. Some even a year!

As for my dearest cousin Sue Ann, we were told by our family fengshui master to avoid each other's wedding if its within FOUR (4) months of one another!! Absolutely ridiculous but customs are customs... so I had to obey.

Sue Ann's wedding was held yesterday at KL Hilton and for the whole day since the eve of her wedding, I was feeling sad and unhappy as I could not be by her side on this important day. I remembered when we were younger we were like twins. We were always together every weekend playing barbie dolls, to berry fruits cooking at the backyard of our grandma's house, to showering together (we were realllllyy young ok! Nothing pops out yet then), to dancing some silly dance routines together with another baby cousin of ours Danielle (Sue being the eldest and most creative one was always the choreographer), to having boyfriends, to having break-ups, to meeting the ONE and then finally to tie the knot.

As we grew older, we see each other lesser...both having own career, own dating life, own and wider circle of friends. But deep down in our hearts we knew we were special to one another. She is special to me. She is special to all of us. Now and Forever.

This blog is specially dedicated to my dearest and wonderful cousin Sue Ann. May you and Ron live a happy and prosperous live together and may you both be blessed with a beautiful child/ children in the near near future!


The younger days....



13th December 2009



23rd January 2010



The NGs and the LIMs



No comments: