19 February 2011

A Trip to the Philippines

After a long week of travelling, I am finallly back home. Traveling may sound interesting but it has a huge price to pay at the end of it - I'm down with an irritating cough sadly. So much for wanting to kiss Hayden, now I have to wear a mask whenever I am near him!

It was my second trip to Manila and my first in Cebu. Being in these places, especially in Cebu makes me feel proud for being a Malaysian. Feeling even more appreciative for being who I am and where I am as the people in Cebu are either down to earth or down right indigent. Seeing children begging in the streets and knocking on your car window in the middle of the street (when you stopped at the traffic light) and started singing to you, it really reminded me of the movie Slum Dog Millionaire. We even saw a naked woman walking down the road unashamed of herself!

Well, apart from working, of course we did have a great time...shopping! From Glorietta malls to GreenBelt and to our favourite - Bonifacio Global City in Manila, we also had a good time relaxing at SPAs! It was all worth it at the end of the day as we got the job done with what we set out to do (work wise of course).

Next stop - Bangladesh. Hmm.....


In Cebu city - They crowd around our taxi singing to us
  
Final Day at Cebu Island



The Philippines team - at Shangri-la Mactan, Cebu


No comments: